We planted an American flag on the moon the day we landed there back in 1969. What a weird thing to do. "One small step for man...one giant leap for mankind...and this all now is OURS."
I think I'm going to create a flag of my own and start planting it in things. When I'm online at the bakery, and I see the last chocolate croissant...Doink. I plant the flag of the Blessed Cap'n. When I see a barstool become vacant at the end of the crowded bar...Doink. I plant the flag, admire it for about a minute, and then I'll sit down an order myself a pint of something good on draft. I have a girlfriend now, but oh how glorious it would have been to have had these little flags when I was a single guy in the game. After hooking up at the end of the night, I could have placed the flag right behind the ear of my new sleeping companion. Like a rose, only a gleeful statement of conquest. Doink.
What would my flag look like? It would be Purple with a Yellow Boomerang on it. I will leave its significance to all the aspiring and accomplished symbologists.
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment